Monday, September 19, 2011

Kickstarter and/or IndieGoGo

I've been looking at two different fund raising sites to help with my newest graphic novel that I am currently working on, Kickstarter and IndieGoGo.  Right now I am thinking that IndieGoGo might be the best choice.  It's a difficult choice, obviously you don't want to run two different fund raising campaigns for the same project or else you split your funds and lessen your chances to reach your goals.  However, the IndieGoGo site still gives you funds raised even if you don't reach your goal.  Of course, if you don't reach your goal they take a little extra money but when it comes down to it.  After spending three months of your time promoting and pimping yourself out there only to be a few hundred or even a grand short of your project goal and then to get nothing compared to being a bit short and having to pay an extra 4% in fees seems like a much better outcome.  4% can turn into a lot of money when its combined to the other 6% they already take out but again, I'd think it is better to get something instead for your effort.

So I will probably be using IndieGoGo and pushing that out into the world.  I'm compiling a pitch package and prizes and rewards for contributors and will provide links here and on other sites.  All the money raised is going to pay the artist to draw the book.  He's pretty enthusiastic about this project and that of course makes me very happy to be working with someone that wants to draw this book.  I just have too many good scruples in my body and can't come to terms with trying to get someone to work for me for free.  I mean, it'd be nice if everyone wanted to work for free on things but this is a career choice.  If I expect to get paid when I'm hired to write something I should expect to pay people that I am hiring to render services for me...by services I mean artwork... *koff*koff

Anyway, I'll be posting a new character and sketches up here soon for the project and maybe some good news for Brock coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment