Monday, August 29, 2011

Update on Brock - Printing

It feels good to say that the comic is finally ready for printing.  We hit a snag on the road, the comic was not formatted properly for all the pages and caused a delay in printing from the printers.  Currently I am using Ka-Blam.  A great printing company for anybody who needs some issues printed.  They are a bit expensive but in the single issue world that's only a dollar here and there.  But, what unlike other printers that can offer amazing prices per issue Ka-Blam can print any quantity especially the smaller amounts for instance you can just do one printing whereas other companies might have a minimum of 1000.  Anyway, they were super friendly and communicated issues very well and with the help of my Letterer, Ed Brisson, I was able to get the pages in proper format and sent back for approval, which they were.  Now I just gotta pay them and hopefully in a couple days or so I will have the finished product in my hand.  It took a year but it has been a great experience. 


My biggest regret as of now is starting this blog so late.  It would have been great to put down the day to day events a bit more than just a summary.  But there are future projects, issues and events to tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment